Big news for INDIA ‘Successful Launch of PSLV C-23‘: Doesn’t it feel super great to share something that makes you feel extremely proud. So here you go, a quick briefing on today’s Achievement of India.
- The Polar Space Launch Vehicle (PSLV) is developed and operated by Indian Space Research Centre (ISRO).
- PSLV – C23 was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, Andra Pradesh at 9.52 am.
- This was the 27th PSLV launch and of these 26 have been successful in a row.
- PSLV-C23 carried five foreign satellites – SPOT-7 (French Earth Observation Satellite), NLS-7.1 (Can-X4), NLS-7.2 (Can-X5) (Both perform Two-spacecraft precision formation flying using differential GPS with centimetre-level relative position and sub-metre level accurate position control system from Canada), AISat (Sea-Traffic Monitoring System from Germany) and VELOX-1 (Technology demonstrator for in-house design of Image Sensor from Singapore).
- The five satellites carried by PSLV-C23 are being launched under commercial arrangements that ANTRIX (ISRO’s commercial arm) has entered with the respective foreign agencies.
- Though the Mission Readiness Review Committee and Launch Authorisation Board had on Friday cleared the launch, the launch was delayed by three minutes due to debris falling in the trajectory which resulted the rocket to launch at 09:52am instead of 09:49am.
- The PSLV – C23 mission lasted for 20 minutes.
- PSLV-C23 successfully placed all five satellites into their intended orbits, one after the other between 17 and 19 minutes after liftoff.
- The Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi witnessed the launch of PSLV – C23 from MCC (Mission Control Center) and described the achievement as an ‘endorsement’ of the country’s space capabilities.
- ISRO has so far launched 35 satellites from 19 countries around the globe — Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Singapore, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey and United Kingdom, bringing a huge sum to the country as foreign exchange.